This version of the Short Inca Trail 2 Days 1 Night, departs from 104 km, located 2,100 m / 6890 ft. (Starting from Ollantaytambo train). It is a walk of 16 kilometers to Machu Picchu, where you can enjoy spectacular high Andean landscapes and jungle during the tour will visit Inca constructions as Chachabamba, Choquesuysuy, Wiñaywayna, etc., you can also find a variety of flora and fauna likewise a variety of birds.
The walk lasts approximately 6 to 7 hours to reach the Puerta del Sol known as Inti Punku, where you can see the first panoramic views of Machu Picchu.
Meaning: (B) Breakfast (L) Lunch (D) dinner
Day 1: Cusco – Wiñaywayna – Aguas Calientes (L) (D)
Pick up from hotel early in the morning to the station where we board the train that will take us to the km. 104, where he will be waiting to guide together to start our hike from the Archaeological group Chachabamba located at 2250 m.s.n.m. where our guide will lead us through the complex to Wiñay wuayna agricultural center. During the journey you can appreciate the beautiful views of the Urubamba River as well as the different types of orchids that you will find along the way. After seeing the magnificent scenery that gives us the Inca Trail we will take a short break for lunch and continue our trek to Machu Picchu and appreciate the beautiful sunset over the Inti Punku (Sun Gate) after this unforgettable experience descend to hot water and the group will have dinner with your guide and spend the night in your chosen hotel either on your own or included.
Day 2: Machu Picchu – Cusco (D)
After breakfast, we visit the archaeological complex of Machu Picchu (2400 m) our guided tour will last approximately 2 hours to 2 hours all around the citadel, visiting the main sites such as enclosures, squares, fountains Holy Temples , agricultural and urban sector. After our visit Machu Picchu can continue traveling on your own and if you have the ticket Machupicchu-Huaynapicchu, could seize this moment to climb this mountain on their own. According to the time of his train back, we return to Aguas Calientes to board the train that will take us to Ollantaytambo or Poroy station subject to availability and from that point is expected by car to Cusco, leaving you in your hotel. End of our services.
Include / Not Included
- Transfers from hotel / train station / hotel.
- Train to 104 kilometers.
- Entrance tickets to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- Bus tickets Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes.
- Tickets return to Ollantaytambo / Poroy tourist train (Expedition).
- Food only those mentioned in the itinerary 1A (boxed lunch), 1C (dinner), 1D (breakfast)
- Professional English / Spanish guide throughout the tour.
- The first breakfast (first day).
- The last lunch (second day).
- HuaynaPicchu income (75 USD)
- Expenses not mentioned in the itinerary
What to Bring
What to Bring
- His original passport to be shown in control before entering the Machu Picchu National Park.
- Bottle of water for the road.
- A backpack with enough for 2 days of the tour clothes.
- waterproof jacket in case of rain (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco)
- Flashlights and batteries
- Photographic camera.
- Hiking shoes.
- Swimwear, if you want to visit the hot springs in Aguas Calientes.
- Money in cash, in case you want to buy souvenirs.
- A hat, sunscreen, insect repellant, toilet paper.
- Optional: walking stick.